Sunday, March 22, 2009

More photos from the fabulous rest day in Silver City, NM.  Here are my riding buddy Elizabeth and I after a scrumptous lunch at one of the many good eateries in this town.  Also many art galleries and 2 bike shops where I picked up the first of my 'states I've biked through' socks for my collection.  They are red and yellow with the NM emblem on them.  What will Alabama have for sock logos I wonder....  This is the last photo of me with 'long' hair as shortly after this pic was taken, I headed on over to Ego Trip where Margie cut my hair for a more biker (actually 'helmet') friendly do.  I thoroughly enjoyed Margie and my fellow patrons, felt like I was one of them by the time I left.  We found Silver Citians to be unusually helpful and friendly.  I'm actually in El Paso at the moment, trying to post after 2 days of sheer exhaustion post ride (a 5200 ft climb followed by a very hot 90 mile day.)  The internet is slow here, so will have to post more Silver City photos later.    On to the climbing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment