Friday, March 27, 2009

The ride from Van Horn to Fort Davis was our toughest day yet, many of us agree, due primarily to an incredibly strong head wind for the middle part of the 90 mile day.  And I had a flat on Interstate 10, right close to the Michigan Flat exit!  It was the first time I have ever changed a flat, and I had a pit crew who talked me through it, and generally made it a top notch character building experience.  We were really happy to spy the McDonald Observatory, part of the U of Texas, en route as it signaled the end of our ride and a rest day at the Indian Lodge in Davis State Park.

1 comment:

  1. Strange place for an observatory! Down in a valley. I always thought they looked for high hilltops to build observatories, like Stelaphane (sp.) Weather in west Texas looks cold and windy next couple of days - head south! Love, Gordo

    ReplyDelete