Thursday, March 19, 2009

Here we are  in the wonderful, artsy, full of fabulous eating and latte drinking possibilities town of Silver City, NM.  It has been 3 days since my last post and I confess that I was just too fagged to even attempt to be coherent enough to make an intelligible contribution.   In addition to the gradual and not so gradual climbing that we did yesterday (45 miles) the previous day was 75 miles and in full hot sun.  Those of you who know me well are well aware of my shade seeking behaviors, which I have been unable to indulge in for the last few riding days, contributing to the fatigue.  I actually have heat rash on my thighs despite being a maniac about keeping up with the SPF 70.   Also, the opportunities to score an afternoon latte have been nil until we rode on into Silver City. Here, the proprietor of Java the Hut actually helped me measure the size of a latte so as for me to be able to carry it in one of my water bottle carriers up the hill to the hotel.  And it worked!!  Pure heaven, I'm pushing for it to be the ideal replacement drink after chocolate milk at the end of a day's ride. 

We are having a much anticipated and deserved REST DAY after an 8 day stretch of riding.  It is so luxurious to eat a leisurely breakfast and look forward to a day of the mundane errand running (by bike or foot) activities that need to be done to make the riding days go smoothly. So, here are a few brief shots of where we will be hanging out for the day,  making sure to hydrate well today in preparation for tomorrows climb to Emory Pass.  Our cue sheet for the day boasts that 'it's all downhill to Florida!'   Best to all of you out there in cyberland.  I can finally open my comments (!!!) and REALLY enjoyed each and every one.  Still don't know how to respond but may just figure that out by the next rest day!  Thanks to one and all for the encouraging phone calls, e-mails and comments - they truely make a huge difference.  You are all in my thoughts on those long stretches in the saddle.  My best to everyone.

Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peggy, it all looks grand. Pick something up for me at the vegetarian deli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peg
    I'm having my first look at Peggypedals. You are one lucky woman. Love you.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete