Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We headed out early with the intention of beating the heat - not....I really poured on the steam and put in 60 miles before the heat index of 120 got me to seek the company of my fellow saggers in the van. When Elizabeth and I had reached a heat saturation point without options to cool off, we stopped at a home with 2 cars in the driveway, knocked on the door and when there was no response, we in as polite a manner as we could, helped ourselves to their hose and water and sprayed each other down. It positively saved me for at least another 10 miles. It was more riding through corn corn corn with some soybeans thrown in for good measure, including the getting to be ever present crop dusting planes and huge grain elevators. My ice storm pics were just too chilly looking to resist - hoping they will create a visualization for me to focus on when careening through the haze tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment