Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here's a story from the 'it's a small world among cross country cyclists' archives;

We've met a few groups traveling both directions using the same Adventure Cycling maps that we are, so we irregularly meet up along the road, exchange stories and eating recommendations.  It can be weeks before we meet up again and in fact one of said travelers has been AWOL for over a month now.  I called a bike shop in Pensacola to make an appointment, explaining that I was doing a cross country trip only to have the bike guy relay that there was another such cyclist in the shop at that very moment.  Was it Scott or the Alaskans I asked?  No, he told me, his name is Brian.  "Oh, I know him too" says I, and the bike shop guy put him on the phone for a quick catch up on how it had been going since we met him in a barbecue in Blanco, TX, with a flat tire on a very hot day.  It was fun to pass the info on to the rest of our band of gypsies at dinner, but we're still wondering where Scott and the Alaskans are.....

No comments:

Post a Comment