Saturday, April 25, 2009

Here's my friend Ann, chatting up one of the local law officials.  I was riding behind her and she didn't miss a beat or touch the ground when she pulled up to his/her window!  She is doing this cross country ride for the third time (with changes each time, last done in 2001, pre-blogging) and is training for a double Century ride when she gets home... that's riding 200 miles in a day.  She is the other bird watcher on the trip.  Today I flagged her down on a busy bridge to check out a bird that I was sure I'd never seen before, sitting in a nearby tree a little too far away to identify without binos, or in this case, monos.  Luckily she had hers at the ready and we got a good look at what I think was a limpkin, still to be confirmed by the bird book.  We head out today for a short ride to Wakula Springs where we will have our last rest day.  With only 5 riding days left, our group is beginning to process the ever real prospects of life after the ride, talking about plans for the immediate re-entry as well as long term things, like get togethers.  It will be hard to say goodbye to these wonderful, amazing women who have taught me so much about so many things, and I'm so excited to re-unite with my family and friends and my home.  Oh, t'will be a transition to be sure.  At the very least, I want to take Linda and Lois home to continue with the meal prep, Elisabeth as a riding partner, etc, etc......

No comments:

Post a Comment