Sunday, April 12, 2009

Almost as soon as we crossed the river into Louisiana, all sorts of generalizations based on who knows what began to flood my brain.  Creedance Clearwater Revival  got bumped by all songs Randy Newman, even if they weren't about Louisiana, and stands of cypress trees in muddy water were looming everywhere.  Dead snakes and bullfrogs were the roadkill order of the day and crawfish restaurants seemed to line the roads.  A pretty green snake slithered into my path and when I yelled to alert my cycling buddies, it made a complete and instantaneous U turn back into the underbrush!  I have never seen this sort of snake behavior in Vermont.  We had a chance to save a life when this turtle of unknown genus was headed across the road at a fortuitous pee in the bushes stop.  Here I am giving him a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment